Georgian College – Classroom Hazard Checklist.
Please make sure that all of your classrooms meet the following basic requirements for safety.
- Clean, dry and free from debris that may cause slips, trips
- Free of loose tiles, carpet
- Ceiling tiles free from leaks
- Is audio-visual equipment securely suspended
- Clear and unobstructed
- Adequate width for emergency evacuations
- Adequate lighting for task performed in area
- Light fixtures working
Indoor Air quality
- Temperature between 68 and 78 degrees
- Air ventilation adequate ( no strange odors)
- No broken areas on desks, chairs etc.
- Wheels on equipment carts operating smoothly
- Shelves, filing cabinets secured
- Shelves not overloaded and heavy items stored on bottom
- GFI outlets when plug near water
- Power bars in good condition and CSA approved
- Power bars are direct to main electrical receptacle
- Three pronged plugs are used where required, all prongs in place
- Cords are places and secured to prevent tripping
- No outlets are over loaded with too many plugs